"A portrait of my child, once a week, every week in 2014"
44/52: And she's 2! This is definitely the best age yet. All of a sudden she's really started talking a lot more, and she's so silly and funny. She calls herself "Yoyo", which I think is pretty perfect considering her up-and-down, ever-changing moods. She's sweet and full of cuddles one minute, and then screaming "no, me!" (which means, "I'll do it myself") the next minute. Some things I want to remember about her at this age:
* How much she loves to dance (unless it's post-bath and she's ready for bed, when she demands that the music be turned off).
* The way she says "chocolate milk" ("chockit mook")
* Her favourite game is "where where go?" - a game she made up where she covers her face and we have to pretend we can't see her.
* Her favourite toys are her Peppa Pig, Sylvanian Families and animal figures, which she uses to play out little scenarios. She's always sorting them into families with a mummy, a daddy and either a "Yoyo" or a baby ("baydee").
* She's finally started saying "dummy" instead of "go-goo", but she mostly still calls teddy "tah-doo".
* That she says "whup" or "whup-eeee!" instead of "help!", and she asks for help a lot.
* That she sleeps! All night (mostly)! In her own bed! And she goes to sleep on her own, in her bed and, since moving to her big bed, has never resisted bed time. I thought it would never happen and I'm eternally grateful that it has (and that I didn't give in and do any "sleep training").
* That, as she's always been, she's fiery and demanding and strong-willed, but also sweet and silly and gentle and shy.
Linking up with Jodi's 52 Project.